Academic Enhancement Seminars
AES Homepage | Sample Syllabus | History and Success | Instructors | Campus Services | Student Resources
What are the Academic Probation Policies by School or College?
Make a Plan for Academic Success
Experiences of Students on Academic Probation
- Many students who are on academic probation experience a host of feelings, reactions, and concerns. These experiences are normal and part of the process in taking the next steps to find resources and support while on academic probation and to determine the steps to be cleared of academic probation. Click here to see a short presentation on the different experiences many students on academic probation manage. Importantly, by setting goals and taking planned and intentional actions many students can and do achieve their academic goals.
- Read more about common experiences for students on academic probation.
Words of Motivation and Wisdom
- As part of the AES class, students develop and share study tips that they find useful. Below are some helpful study tips from previous AES students:
- Study in a location that other students are also studying. It helps from getting distracted and to feel focused.
- Study with a friend from class or a study group.
- Take small breaks when studying.
- Read and study sitting at a desk or table. Make sure the area is well-lit.
- Make flashcards for tests that require memorization of information.
- Re-read and re-write your notes soon after class.
- Create your own study guide. Have the course TA or instructor review your study guide and use the opportunity to ask questions.
- Ask for help when needed.
- Have someone quiz you. Give examples and apply concepts to understand thoroughly the theory.
- Schedule time to study each week. Use a planner to schedule in your classes, study time, and due dates for assignments.
- Give yourself plenty of time to study.
- Prioritize studying.